Our thoughts are with everyone worldwide who is continuing to keep us all safe from COVID-19 and with all the communities and industries affected, including some of our valued stakeholders.
- We, too, are responsible for keeping our community and staff safe, which is why we have implemented different work arrangements. These include:
- Travelling for business purposes when necessary, delivering our activities differently, including increasing video conferences, hosting meetings via Microsoft Teams and providing programs virtually where possible.
- Postponing some events to a more suitable time and notifying relevant stakeholders.
- Changes to the Environmental Management Charge across all charge categories from 1 April 2020 to 30 June 2023.
- Changes to permit processes.
- Changes to special tourism permissions.
With restrictions easing, we have transitioned some of our staff members back into our offices in Cairns, Townsville, and Yeppoon with flexible working arrangements to ensure we place the welfare and safety of staff at the forefront of our decisions.
Despite these uncertain times, we are committed to our work managing the Reef and to continuing our service to the community and stakeholders.
We aim to efficiently and effectively work with you, and we appreciate your patience if response times for some services may be affected.
For urgent or important matters, you can continue to call our staff directly where you have their direct line details.
For non-urgent matters, please email the staff, and they will respond to you as soon as possible.
Our incident reporting hotline, permits hotline, and media hotline continue to operate as usual and can be contacted directly should you require support in those areas.
Our key contacts will be updated to reflect future business operations changes.