The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority 2023–24 sets out our strategic direction for the agency. Together with the Portfolio Budget Statement and Annual Report, it forms the planning and performance framework for the Reef Authority.
We also produce a Corporate Plan 2023-24: at a glance.
The Corporate Plan 2023–24 sets out the Reef Authority’s purpose, strategic objectives and delivery strategies, as well as clear, measurable performance criteria and targets to assess our progress in achieving its purpose.
The Plan also covers a number of important topics, including our approach to planning and reporting, operating environment, our capability, and partnerships.
Collaborating with all levels of government, Traditional Owners, our partners, and stakeholders is critical to improving the health and resilience of the Reef.
The Plan is developed in accordance with the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 requirements.
- We are one Reef Authority
- We are an inclusive community of diverse individuals, working collaboratively with trust and respect to achieve the Reef Authority’s shared purpose.
- We strive for excellence
- We bring our experience, skills and knowledge to everything we do and are committed to professional growth.
- We are professional
- We are committed, professional public servants who are accountable and transparent, always acting in the best interest of the Reef Authority.
- We deliver
- We deliver meaningful and measurable outcomes by setting clear and achieveable goals, managing risk effectively and accepting shared responsibility for results.
Our corporate objectives and priorities 2023–24
Under the four corporate objectives are 15 priorities and 45 delivery initiatives that form the basis for our 2023–24 annual operating plan.
The priorities cover a range of activities, programs, and projects and are focused on addressing our strategic risks.
These priorities will drive what we do, and we will continue to be proactive in considering and preparing for new challenges.
- 1. Enhancing Reef resilience by providing expert knowledge to advise key decision-makers on managing, reducing or avoiding significant threats to the Reef.
- Mitigate the effects of climate change on the Reef
- Deliver the 2024 Outlook Report
- Take action to address threats from fishing
- Be active in the World Heritage system
- 2. Enhancing Reef resilience through innovation, management and regulation of the Marine Park and our in-field presence.
- Develop new approaches to marine spatial planning
- Deliver strong legislative and governing arrangements for the Great Barrier Reef
- Deliver the Reef Joint Field Management Program
- Implement Reef health and resilience interventions
- 3. Enhancing Reef resilience through partnerships, collaboration and education.
- Be a partner of choice in Reef protection
- Partner with Traditional Owners in the management of Sea Country
- Expand the Traditional Use of Marine Resources Agreements Program
- Provide world-class education
- 4. Supporting a high-performing organisation
- Modernise key activities with digital solutions
- Implement the Reef Authority’s Sustainability Strategy
- Support our people