The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority Corporate Plan 2022-23 sets out our strategic direction for the agency. Together with the Portfolio Budget Statement and Annual Report, it forms the planning and performance framework for the Reef Authority. We also produce a Corporate Plan 2022-23: at a glance.
The Corporate Plan 2022-23 sets out our purpose, strategic objectives and delivery strategies, as well as clear measurable performance criteria and targets to assess the Reef Authority’s progress in achieving its purpose.
The Plan also covers a number of important topics, including our approach to planning and reporting, operating environment, our capability, and partnerships. Collaborating with all levels of government, Traditional Owners, our partners and stakeholders is critical to improving the health and resilience of the Reef.
The Plan is developed in accordance with the Public Governance, Performance and Accountability Act 2013 requirements.
Our strategic objectives for 2022–23
- We will achieve our purpose through the delivery of four objectives:
- Enhancing Reef resilience by providing expert knowledge to advise key decision makers on managing, reducing or avoiding significant threats to the Reef.
- Enhancing Reef resilience through innovation, management and regulation of the Marine Park and our in-field presence.
- Enhancing Reef resilience through partnerships, collaboration and education.
- Supporting a high-performing organisation.